Monday, September 28, 2009

Invitations, part 2

So now let's talk about the blue cardstock paper. First of all, it turns out that we do not have any suitable rulers in the house, so I will have to purchase one. I just can't properly and accurately score paper without one! Second, I have go figure out a neat way of attaching the pocket flap.

Now, the printed invite is 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches, which is nicely half the size of our cardstock, which is 8.5 inches by 11 inches. When the invite is inserted into the cardstock, a tiny sliver of its edge sticks out, so I had to slice that off. It still looks like a very plain card with a cover, so I took the border punch and punched out the long edge of the cardstock cover. Now the cover has a cute, flowery edge that exposes the edge of the invite. It's hard to explain this without pictures, but I promise to post some of those later so you'll see better what I'm talking about.

The problem with the cover exposing the edge of the invite is that the invite has some stamped decoration there, and it just doesn't look very clean. I mean, most of the edge is white with the blue cardstock punched-out edge laying on top. I think it looks very nice, except for the stamped part peeking out. Plus, I had totally forgot that I still had to attach a pocket flap!

So thus, the solution I came up with was to cut out the flap in cardstock and white paper and paste them together. Then paste the paper side to the inside of the cover. That way, the flowery edge will be shown off against a white background cleanly, and I also have a pocket flap!

The next thing was to decorate the front cover. Do I use a belly band? Honestly, I didn't want to put any more effort into this project and the thought of cutting and pasting a belly band onto a label, and creating a monogram for the label was just too tiring! So I decided just to emboss it and leave it at that. Lol!

The next thing I have to figure out is how I'm going to include the RSVP, wedding website and venue information. Whew! I'm so glad I was able to get this far at all!

1 comment:

girl said...

Hi, please read my blog! It's "A Bowl Of Cherries" posted by girl!