Monday, September 21, 2009

The convertible dress

In an earlier post, I wrote about how I wanted to make a convertible dress using this pattern:
http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html

So guess what? I did! It was really, really easy and because jersey knits don't fray, there's no finishing of the raw edges or heming. Fantastic!

Here are some photos of the different ways I've figured out how to wear:




Now imagine what this would look like in two colors or a jersey with shimmer or a beautiful printed fabric... the possibilities are tantalizing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ilove the look that looks like a jacket almost how did you do that? and where did u buy your dress from?

Anonymous said...

Love the dress....Im getting married in 2010 and I want these dresses for my bridesmaid and I can't find them anywhere in Columbia SC