Saturday, September 19, 2009

I was bored one weekend

A few weekends ago, I felt totally pent up with crafting energy because I haven't done anything crafty in weeks! So I went to the Canon CREATIVE PARK to print out and put together something fun. At first I wanted to make some sort of crank-operated toy, but I ended up with this instead:



I do have to say that it was a pain in the rear to make because of all the meticulous cutting involved. I had to use a pencil-sharp craft knife and cutting mat to get around all the sharp curves and turns. This is definitely not a project for little kids as the cutting and pasting needed precision and a degree for coordination and patience that younger children generally don't have. For me, this was fun to do to get that energy out of my system, but I probably wouldn't make this particular project again. Lol! If you can see the photo in more detail, you can make out how sloppy my work really was. Overall though, I'm glad I did it and I'm fairly happy with the result. :-)

No comments: