Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Got some invitation kits!

We were in Michael's on Sunday and I saw some very plain invitation kits for 16 bux! I got two, which gives me about 200 invitations. I also got a lot of other crafty supplies and some blue cardstock paper from Staples. If I can get to use 115 invitations, I still have 85 blank ones to either mess around/experiment with, or use to create the maps and RSVP directions. No RSVP cards because I found a website that helps you control the amount of guests a person can enter.

Basically, the invitation will get a passkey or code. They go to our RSVP site and enter the code. The number of slots available to input names will have been preset by me and there's nothing they can do about it! I'll also make it clear on the RSVP card with something like, "X number of seats have been reserved in your name," or "This passcode will allow you to RSVP for X persons."

Anyways, I plan to use the blue cardstock like a frame or backing, and white invitation paper will be trimmed down and printed on. I am very excited to try out my new stamps and embossing equipment! I got some paper punches too! Honestly, I don't know what I'll end up using for the invitations, but I definitely want to use all my stuff for something! Lol!

No comments: