Monday, July 20, 2009

Wedding photographers

So having taken a nice long break from wedding planning, I got back on track by looking for wedding photographers. The first place I looked was on Craigslist, which has a huge plethora of event photographers with a wide range of prices. A couple of the Craigslist ones didn't even have a website, just a flickr account to show off their portfolio. Personally, I find it difficult to trust someone who doesn't have a website to showcase their themselves. It's not just about looking at their work, but also what packages they offer, where they are based out of and where they got their training. I think of it as an online resume. So the way I see it is, why should I give them thousands of my hard-earned cash to take them seriously when they don't even take themselves seriously enough to have a website?

Anyways, I then posted a request for recommendations on the boards of weddingbee.com and also looked on theknot.com. I got 2 or 3 responses from weddingbee and a few more possibilities from theknot.com. The last thing I did as of right now, was post on my facebook page that I was looking for a photographer. From there, a friend of mine sent a link to her wedding photographer's website as a recommendation.

So this week, I have appointments set up to meet with 3 photographers. None of them are cheap, but all of them have what I consider to be decent online portfolios. I'm actually rather sick of this process now. I've looked at a bunch of photographer's websites, many of which are either too expensive or not as nice as I'd like them to be. I just want to find a photographer that's not going to break my budget, will take decent pictures and gets along with us in general. I have maybe one or two more photographers I want to meet after these three and I think I'll just choose between one of them. I'm just tired of the searching and the looking at the websites and such. Right now, I just want to pick one and move on! Lol!

No comments: