Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello again!

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm back! This past weekend, I decided not to track calories and just relax. It was quite fun and the weather was awesome! Nothing like constant rain for months to make you appreciate a few days of continuous sunshine! Unfortunately, it started raining again today.

Currently, I am looking forward to my advanced sewing classes starting next week. It's not pattern drafting, which is hard, but it will be really useful because at the end of that class, I'll have a dress sloper. I am very, very much looking forward to having a dress sloper because I love dresses!

In case you don't know, a sloper is a custom-fit, basic pattern off of which you can design and create other patterns. I have a skirt sloper from my intermediate class. From my skirt sloper, I am able to create new patterns for a flared skirt, a pencil skirt and an A-line skirt. Since the sloper is fitted to my specific measurements, any pattern created from my sloper will be fitted specifically to my measurements, which means that skirts I make from these patterns should fit me better than store-bought ones. If you are willing to experiment, you can play with your sloper's dart controls to create even more patterns. I haven't experimented with that, but I may have to if I want to try making a multi-gored skirt (a skirt with many panels or pieces).

Anyways, that's what I'm looking forward to right now - acquiring more sewing skills! Now that I think about it, I really should finish adding those ruffles to that elastic-waisted skirt I made. I bought a ruffler foot and just HAD to try it out! It was soooo much fun to ruffle stuff!

No comments: