Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tempeh in miso

I've taken to eating tempeh lately. My first time cooking with tempeh, I cut it into chunks, dipped in egg and then coated it with lightly salted flour, and fried it. It was served with some salad greens and a mushroom gravy drizzled over it. It was VERY filling!

Last night, I found a recipe that baked tempeh in a mixture of miso with sesame oil. So I sliced the tempeh into wedges and and sliced the wedges in half to make thinner wedges. I made a paste of miso and sesame oil and coated the tempeh slices with it. Then I sauteed it in a pan. I'm not really a baker when it comes to making dinner. I'd rather steam things in a rice cooker or pot if I have to. Lol! Anyways, it came out too salty. :-( The miso and sesame oil mix was not in the right proportion. Next time, I'll use less miso and a bit of sugar.

No comments: