Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Pie


This past weekend, I decided it was time our little pumpkin made itself useful. My hubby bought it for me to carve up because I told him I had never carved a pumpkin before. However, I never did get around to carving it and honestly, I didn't have much desire to. So it just sat there on the table gathering dust. This past weekend, I made pumpkin pie out of it.

It was surprisingly simple, but as it was my first time making it, I probably made the process more complicated than it had to be. In the end, all the effort was worth it! My hubby totally loves the pie and insisted on getting heavy cream to make whipped cream to go with the pie. I have to admit, the pie is pretty tasty and even tastier with the homemade whipped cream!

If you're thinking about making your own pumpkin pie, check out the instructions I followed here:
http://www.cheapvegetablegardener.com/2010/10/making-a-pumpkin-pie-from-scratch.html
For our pie, I cut back a tiny bit on the sugar and instead of nutmeg, I used mace, which is sort of like a stronger nutmeg.

No comments: