Monday, October 11, 2010

Guilty pleasures

Everyone has one or two or more. Ever since I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle, my number of guilty pleasures have increased exponentially. Right now, I'm in the fallen-off-the-wagon mode. I'm so far off the wagon, that I'll need to take several slow steps to get back on the wagon, and then back on track. Lol!

So currently, here is a list of my guilty pleasures:

I am still an omnivore. I drop the veggie-only lifestyle when I'm away. I can't fully relax on a vacation if I'm always worried about where I'm going to be able to find my next meal. I usually get back on track when I return, but this time, I've been dragging my feet. It's not because I'm addicted to the taste of meat. In fact, there are times when I find what I'm eating too meaty. It's that I'm really enjoying the ability to order anything I want on any given menu. I love the feeling that I'm no longer limited in my choice of restaurants and food. I love tha feeling of food freedom. However, I do feel guilty about eating meat, so I'm weaning myself off meat and back into a veggie-only lifestyle.

Eating dessert every night. Generally, I limit the number of desserts I eat and I limit the amount of the dessert I eat. Lately, I've been indulging almost every night! I can already feel my pants feeling tighter. Lol! So the time to cut back is now. I can't afford a new wardrobe anyways. :-)

Snacking on yogurt pretzels. Usually, I avoid snacking unless I'm really hungry. Lately, I've been snacking even when I'm only mildly hungry or simply because the snack is there. To make matters worse, I've been snacking on these yogurt pretzels from a newly opened convenience store. The ingredients list has "hydrogenated oil" printed first, which means this a pretty unhealthy snack. Luckily, the box is small so I can only have so many. I don't plan to buy another box anytime soon once the current box is finished. I do like them, but there are other things I prefer to snack on.

Shirking chores. I'm ashamed to say that I have been putting off sweeping and mopping. I've been good about the dishes, countertops, laundry and other stuff, but I just can't bring myself to do the floors! I've also been lazy about brushing the cat hair off the couch. I'd like to get into the habit of brushing the couch every day, but I just can't seem to get around to it. Perhaps the answer is to get hubby to do more housework?

No comments: