Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Battle of the Bulge check-in

Goal:
- Exercise 20 minutes per day
- Stay within calorie range per day
- Drink 5 cups of water per day
- Do at least 10 minutes of yoga per day
- Make effort to walk around office floor once every hour

Pennies earned:
54


I am now over halfway to a whole dollar! As you can see, I've added a fifth goal this week. I want to try to keep active even at my desk job. Truly, I didn't really start to gain lots of weight until I started sitting on my rear for most the day, every day! I'm hoping that forcing myself to just walk around my office floor once every hour will help mitigate some of my mid-section spread. In terms of everything else, I'm still having a bit of trouble building consistency . I am also having some problems fitting in a balanced diet that doesn't go over my calorie limit. I blame it on my sweet tooth and my love cheese. Oh how I love cheese!

What's a bit discouraging is that after all time time, there is no progress yet. I did lose an inch around my hips, but my weight and everything else is still the same. I'm starting to lose my motivation. If I don't start to see results soon, I'm not sure I'll want to continue this much longer. I mean, if all this effort doesn't amount to anything, then why bother making the effort, right?

No comments: