Monday, April 11, 2011

Spice rack

In our household, we have a lot of spices. They're a great way to add flavor to anything without adding tons of salt and butter. I use them extensively in my leftover veggies soups and I love making my own chai. Recently, I bought a small jar of a spice blend by Sugar Mountain Herbs in Sugarloaf, upstate NY. It was called butter herbs because the recommended use was to mix it with butter to make the butter more flavorful without adding salt. It was heavenly! I enjoy using it in cream cheese, soups, omelets and a whole variety of savory foods. Anyways, with all the cooking and baking projects, we have a lot of spices.

Storing spices in a way that keeps them out of the way, yet easily reachable has been  a bit of a dilemma. I have never been a fan of those turntable shelves and I am too lazy to spend time and effort to install a magnetic spice organizer. I just want to be able to buy a spice and put it somewhere.

That's why I was very happy to see the Spice Stack Rack:
http://www.stacksandstacks.com/super-spicestack?id=175&sku=18558

If you look closely at the picture, you can even label what spices are in each drawer. I actually really like this organizer but it looks like it's made of plastic, which makes me wonder about its durability. Anyways, we have no need for it now. We're hoping to move soon and I am keeping an eye out for things we could use to better organize our new home.

No comments: