Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Buttermilk with juice

I recently discovered that I like drinking cultured buttermilk. The rich, tangy flavor will often hit a spot that no other drink can hit. However, it's a rather thick drink and I can't have more than a few sips at a time. Sometimes, I also want to jazz it up a bit.

Enter fruit juice! I may have mentioned before that, but before, I only added just a little bit of juice. Last night, I mixed 1/3 Welch's white grape juice (very sweet stuff!) to 2/3 culture buttermilk, and it was delicious! The grape juice is super sweet and the buttermilk is thick and tangy. Mixing them together yields a sweet and tangy, gulp-able substance to delight in. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I discovered that Grape Juice and Buttermilk make a delicious combo about 20 years ago, but with regular Grape Juice. I call it the Purple Cow. My kids like it too. Welcome to the club! :^)