Saturday, August 29, 2009

Comfortable wedding shoes, part 1

Every girl I know of that wears heels on a regular basis have had some experience with horribly uncomfortable shoes. I also know a fair amount of girls, myself included, that have a scar or two on their feet from shoe straps cutting into the flesh. It's a fact of my life that most shoes will just rub my feet the wrong way.

That is, until I started taking salsa lessons and bought myself a couple of pairs of dance shoes! Dance shoes are made of very soft, supple leather and have suede soles so that you can spin faster on the dance floor. The resulting shoe is incredibly flexible and moulds itself to your feet. I bought a pair of salsa shoes with 2" heels and I can practice on my tippie toes for a couple of hours without any blisters or discomfort! Mind you, I normally feel that 2" is too high for me, so this is a real breakthrough! The other thing that I just have to mention is the price! I got my jazz shoes for practicing for less than 40 bux from my dance school, and my formal salsa shoes for about 60 bux at http://www.exoticsalsashoes.com. I believe my style number is C1659.

So now I'm seriously considering buying a pair of dance shoes to wear at my wedding. Apparently, I'm not the first person to have stumbled upon this idea as almost all the online stores that sell dance shoes also have a wedding shoes section, which are basically dance shoes in popular wedding colors. I'm particularly excited at the possibility of wearing something sparkly and red or purple!

Unfortunately, I'm a short girl and I feel like if I wear the style that I have at home now, it will make my legs look short and stocky. This is not a problem when I'm wearing my floor-length wedding gown, but it's a problem when I'm wearing my qipao, or chinese dress. The prettiest dance shoes are not usually offered in pump or sandal styles as they wouldn't make very good dance shoes. Well, as I ponder the issue, here are some photos of my salsa shoes.




No comments: