Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our cardbox

While I was wandering around the Michael's wedding section, I noticed they had a card box for 35 bux. I decided then that I didn't want to spend that much money on a receptacle of cards that I'm most likely  going to use once. So I went home, searched for cheap card boxes and found one on Amazon.com for 15 bux! It's not as sturdy as the $35 one, but I think it's prettier and it suits my purposes quite nicely.

Last night, I finally assembled the thing. I had to use tape in some places to reinforce certain parts, but I didn't need any extra cardboard to make it stiffer. Granted, it does seem flimsy without extra cardboard supports, but I think it will be just fine. I'm not planning on doing anything with it except put it on a table and leave it there. I doubt dropping cards into the box's slot is going to threaten its integrity much. Lol!

Anyways, below is a picture of our card box. Our raccoon, Rocky, was hanging out in the background. He'll be at the wedding next to our guest book tree. It's funny when I tell people we're having a raccoon at the wedding. They give me this look and then hesitantly ask if he will be leashed. LOL! Rocky is a well-behaved stuffed animal. He has promised to be on his bestest behavior so no need for a leash! :-)

No comments: