Monday, August 2, 2010

Memorials at the wedding

Sadly, my fiance lost his grandmother and I lost my grandfather very soon after we found each other and decided to spend the rest of our lives together. Also, the passing of my fiance's father weighs upon my sweetie as we move forward with this happy occasion. They will be missed at the wedding.

So in honor of their place in our hearts, we've decided to reserve a seat in the first couple of rows for my fiance's father and place a single rose upon it. In the reception area, we're planning to have some memorial "candles." I don't like unattended fires, so instead of real candles, we're using battery-operated ones. I downloaded a lace pattern from Martha Stewart Weddings website and printed the pattern on vellum paper. Then the paper ends were taped together to make a cylinder. I trimmed some of the white space off from the top and bottom and attached them together to make a smaller cylinder. The smaller cylinder is a base or platform for the battery-operated tealight. Then the larger cylinder is placed over the tealight.

Here's what it looks like:

No comments: