Thursday, May 27, 2010

Garter and Bouquet toss

Every wedding I have ever been to has done the garter and bouquet toss. For mine, I thought about cutting the event out for a couple of reasons. First, I want to keep my bouquet. Second, I want to keep things simple and the less events, the more simple. Lol! Third, I'd have to make myself a garter.

I wavered between doing it and not doing over the past few months. My fiance doesn't seem to care either way though if we do it, he seems certain that he's supposed to take my garter off with his teeth and I'm pretty certain that he's not. Lol! Anyways, if we do it, it means I'll need to create a toss bouquet and garter. That's two extra tasks to do. As simple as I want to make things on myself, the things that are keeping me from cutting the event is my love of crafty projects and my love of accessories. What can I say? I am a child of our consumerist culture and I just love things! Especially pretty, girly things!

So in considering making the toss bouquet, I had come to a few conclusions. First, the toss bouquet won't be a duplicate of my own bouquet because I didn't order flowers for it and didn't want to spend more money on flowers for it. That means the toss bouquet will be a completely different bouquet. If I don't end up using all the flowers I ordered, I'll make the toss bouquet out of the leftover flowers. So helping to decide whether or not I want to do the event will be if I have any or enough flowers leftover to make a toss bouquet.

As for the garter, that's easy. I have enough scrap fabric to make a garter. I can also use the extra lace cut from my wedding gown. Or I can buy some lace edging from a fabric store for pretty cheap. Lots of options. I'm not worried here. Lol!

So I'm hoping to drop by my parent's place this weekend to pick up the rest of the flowers I had shipped there. Once I have all my materials, I'll be making the bouquets, corsages and bouts. Then it's all about the centerpieces. Oh wait, I haven't finished the invitations!

Shoot! That has to take priority cause they gotta go out in a few weeks! Lol!

No comments: