Thursday, May 1, 2014

Been on hiatus

I've been on hiatus due to repeated miscarriages and now I'm pregnant again, but this time, it seems to be sticking around! I'm currently nearing the end of my fourth month. The previous 3 were torturous, with constant fatigue and constant nausea. Needless to say, I had no appetite and lost a few pounds. I am happy to say that I am much more comfortable now and am simply thankful to be able to enjoy eating again. :-)

It's strange to me that I still feel like it's early on in my pregnancy, but already a linea nigra just appeared on my belly and I am already wearing maternity clothes. Speaking of maternity clothes, I'm so glad I made the switch. I was wearing a belly band before that, but have now found that maternity clothes are much more comfortable. I haven't gained back the pounds I lost and yet my belly keeps sticking out more and more.

So now, I'm researching cord blood banking, doulas and birthing classes. I am also thinking about enrolling in a cloth diaper service and starting to think about what things the baby will need. My mother has collected some hand-me-downs from friends who've given birth before me and I hope to be able to use some of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I missed your blog and I am so glad that you are going to do one for your pregnancy. I am glad you are feeling better. Enjoy all the yummy food. Good stuff tastes even better when you are pregnant and hungry. Good luck with the doula search. Don't give birth without one. And one final comment if you thought the wedding industrial complex was overwhelming you have just joined the most sought demographic.