Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wardrobe purge

I finally went to my parents' place and cleaned out my clothes, shoes and bags. I got rid of a lot and I also kept a lot. I went through my clothes again when I got home and got rid of a few more items. Some the items that should be gotten rid of, I'm keeping for fabric scraps. It's good fabric and at the time, I spent good money on quality clothing. So why not re-purpose the material? I certainly have the room for it.

I also kept a stack of t-shirts. Over the years, I have accumulated an impressive number of them. I have thrown away a bunch and I still have many left in my possession. My plan with these is that I will avoid collecting any more t-shirts and as I wear out t-shirts, I will pull one from my "archived" t-shirt collection. They'll be good to have when we need rags as well.

As it turns out, I still have a lot of stuff left. I also kept a few things that really don't fit me anymore but I just couldn't bear to get rid of them. However, the more I think about some of the clothes I've kept, the more I think I should get rid of some more. After all, how much clothing can I possibly wear in a year? Much of the stuff doesn't fit me so why keep it? Probably will take another look at my clothes this weekend and do another round of purging. Will need to do the same for my bags and shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got any good bags? ;)

Nuray