Monday, October 10, 2011

Recipe for just two cupcakes

So let's say you've read my mayonnaise and aioli post and tried it out. Now you're probably left with an egg white thinking, ugh, I guess I'll have to make an egg white omelet now. Normally, I'll make a regular omelet and just whisk in the extra egg white, but sometimes, I don't want to eat an omelet. Sometimes, I want cake!

Awesome online recipe to the rescue!
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/one-bowl-vanilla-cupcakes-for-two/
This recipe makes enough for just two cupcakes and they are sooooo light, fluffy and vanilla-y. Not only is it yummy and easy to make, it doesn't generate a lot of dishes to clean afterward - always a plus! So anyways, there are a couple of things to note. I use turbinado or raw sugar in place of white sugar. Raw sugar has some molasses in it, which has the effect of creating a more chewy, denser texture than white sugar. I've tried this recipe with both types of sugar and personally, I like the raw sugar version better. Also, the more baking powder you use, the more the cakes will fluff up and rise.

I've made the recipe a few times and each time, hubby and I would scarf them down before they've had time to cool. They're really good and easy, and can be made on a whim with just a little effort. Highly recommend giving this recipe a try!

No comments: