Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cake for two

Lately, I've been having serious cravings for dessert. Cookies and candies just didn't cut it. I wanted a cake or pie or something that counts as an actual after-dinner dessert! I thought about baking my favorite vegan chocolate cake, but I didn't want to have to eat a whole cake, or even half a cake!

Fortuitously, as I was struggling with this dilemma, I came across a recipe that bakes just enough cake for 2 people. It's a simple, easy recipe that makes a really light and fluffy cake. It was so good, I made it twice this weekend!

For the recipe, check it out here:
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/one-bowl-vanilla-cupcakes-for-two/

My only issue is the use of an egg white rather than the whole egg. I hate having leftover ingredients because then I have to think of something else to make with them before it goes bad. This past weekend, I just mixed the yolk in making some omelets or scrambled eggs.

Anyways, I'm sorry I don't have any photos of my cakes. They were eaten before I remembered I had a camera. The first try, I used buttermilk instead of milk and turbinado sugar. For the second try, I ran out of milk and used half and half and white sugar. I like the first try better. I felt like the flavor and texture was better in the first try. Both tries were yummy and hubby and I ate our cakes while they were still warm. I did not use  cupcake liners or cupcake tins. I lightly oiled and floured 2 small ramekins and baked them in the toaster oven.

I highly recommend this recipe!

No comments: