Friday, July 23, 2010

Finished with the flowers... mostly.

I didn't have much to do so last night work ended earlier than the previous night's. I made two corsages and one bout. It was tricky figuring out how to do the corsages because I didn't really like how the stems stuck out. I tried to finagle it so the ribbon would cover the stems, but then the flowers were a bit off kilter when tied onto the wrist.

In the end, I resorted to my trusty hot glue gun! After attaching all the daisy blossoms to floral wire and then taping them together, I pulled the lavender rose head off its stem and hot glued it to the V in the daisy stems. The lavender rose head was big enough to cover the daisy stems and I didn't need any additional hydrangea blossoms to cover up any big gaps between the flowers.

The next step was finding a way to attach the flowers to the 2 inches wide navy blue ribbon. I supposed I could have used elastic or one of those snazzy beaded corsage bracelets, but I had ribbon, which is cheap, low-tech and just as pretty. Lol! So since my hot glue gun was still pretty heated up, I just hot glued the flowers to the ribbon. I know it creates a hard spot in the ribbon, but after trying it on, it wasn't noticeable and was still pretty comfortable. I thought about pulling the wire out of the ribbon, as it was a wired ribbon, but the wire was so thin and fine, I didn't find it uncomfortable and so therefore, that extra step was unnecessary.

Now the last thing I have to do is to make a toss bouquet. I don't have anymore lotuses for the toss bouquet, so I'm thinking of just making a bigger bridesmaid bouquet. I suppose I can add in the remaining wired feathers to differentiate the bridesmaid bouquet from the toss bouquet. I haven't fully decided yet. I'm still trying to coast on the fact that I'm mostly done now. Lol!

No comments: