Monday, July 26, 2010

Final thoughts on bouquets, bouts and corsages

So here's a breakdown of my bouquets, bouts and corsages.

- 6 real touch lavender lotuses ($12 each)
- 9 big hydrangea balls ($2 each)
- 1 bag of Marabou feathers ($1.60)
- 50 yards of ivory ribbon ($11)
- 13 cream gerbera daisies ($0.65 each)
- 1 set of mini lotus blossoms ($5)
- bouquet of daisies with 72 heads ($7)
- 20 lavender roses ($0.50)
- 1 reel of navy blue ribbon ($6)
- 1 package of 380 pieces of 20 gauge floral wire ($9)
- floral tape, package of 3 ($3)
- corsage pins for the bouts ($3)

This totals up to about $154.05 without shipping. I'm not sure how much I paid for tax and shipping since my orders usually had other items in it. I estimate that the shipping was about $50 to $60 total. It's a lot, so if buying flowers online, be mindful that tax and shipping can jack up the cost by a third of the price.

Another reason why the shipping and tax was so much is because I bought the flowers from separate places, so I had to pay shipping twice. Putting everything into one shipment is ideal. Try to finagle it so that your stuff comes just under the next cost bracket. If you end up with extra flowers, you can always use it as hair ornaments and/or decorations.

Considering the cost of wedding flowers in NYC can be about a thousand dollars, I'd say spending just over 200 bux on flowers that I can keep for a really long time is a pretty good deal! On top of that, I get exactly the bouquet I want how I want it, and I get to have it done way ahead of time. No worrying about flowers being delivered on time or wilting for me! :-)

As you may be able to virtually hear, I have been and still am patting myself on the back very happily! :-)

No comments: