Monday, May 18, 2009

RK Bridal

I got out of work early last Friday and went off to try on dresses at RK Bridal. So glad I went on a weekday instead of Saturday! I hear weekends are horrible there! Anyways, the woman who helped me was VERY sour and RUDE at first. Not bothering to look at me or shake hands or even properly introduce herself, she just said her name and started walking away. I hesitated to follow her until she said, "Come here!" and pointed to a dressing room. I had to help her bring the dresses I picked out into the dressing room and without even looking at me, asked me what I was looking for. Meanwhile, I felt like a total ass for even bothering to smile at her when she is constantly turning her back to me. I told her that I didn't want to look two feet tall and I had no boobs and... she cuts me off and walks off saying she'll be back with some dresses.

Thoroughly pissed now, I sat in the room fuming. She comes back with two dresses added to the four I picked out. There is a 7 dress limit at RK Bridal. She helps me into the first one, which is one she had picked out and let me say the first words out of my mouth was, "Wow! You picked a BEAUTIFUL dress! I have a WAIST!!!" and that was the first smile I saw from her.

After that, she must have felt more at ease around me and things went MUCH more pleasantly. At the end, I tried on more than 7 dresses and we picked out 4 that I really liked on. I was VERY happy to hear that all the dresses we picked are at or below the $1200 mark.

See the dresses below:

Casablanca 1914








Casablanca 1872








Private Label PL5






Private Label 1350



No comments: