Thursday, May 9, 2013

Peppermint

I love peppermint! I remember when I was little, a friend said she hated peppermint and I didn't understand why. I wonder if she's changed her mind since, but I sure haven't. I still love peppermint!

Not only do I have a peppermint plant growing in the back yard, but I also have peppermint essential oil stocked in the house. I love picking sprigs off my plant in the summer and grinding some raw sugar into it, then adding some rum and iced water. Or even just boiling the peppermint sprigs with some sugar for a sweet peppermint tea, which is good for an upset tummy.

I use the essential oil on my temples and ears to relieve tension and headaches, I add it to my tooth powder and I rub it into itchy bug bites to relieve the itch. You can add it lotions to make your lotions minty and I sometimes, I just love sniffing it.

Yes indeed, peppermint is a wonderful thing.

No comments: