Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day!

Hubby and I went out and voted today. I feel good having exercised my right as an American citizen. We decided to go early in the morning to beat the lines. Since displaced people are able to vote at any polling station, we figured our polling station might get pretty crowded. I honestly do not know how Floridians can afford to wait several hours to vote. I certainly would not have had the patience nor time for that, but that is probably what the Governor Scott is betting on. Every citizen should be given the opportunity to vote.

It does trouble me a little that there were positions on the ballot that I had no clue about. Some small local offices and court positions were apparently on the ballot and many of the candidates were running unopposed, probably because nobody knew to run against them. I've never paid a lot of attention to these small offices, but maybe I should. Honestly, the only offices I tend to pay a lot of attention to are the President and the Senate. Not even the State Senate or House. Maybe for the next election, I'll do more research and stay more informed.

On a different note, I wonder what people tend to put down when they decide to put down a Write-In candidate...?

No comments: