Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daily kitchen cleaner

I love my daily kitchen cleaner. It works much better than the water and washcloth combo I grew up using and it leaves no soapy residue. What is it? It's equal parts vodka and vinegar in a spray bottle! I used it on all my kitchen surfaces and keeps everything nice and clean. Hubby hates it though. I think one time he said the smell makes him gag. I think he just hates the smell of vinegar because he complained about the smell when I used to use it in the shower. Unfortunately for him, vinegar is one of my favorite cleaners!

Still, I suppose I can understand that he doesn't like the smell. I dunno. I am loathe to change the formula since it works so well, but I suppose I can try making the spray mostly vodka with some lemon juice. Hubby will just have to deal with the smell until the spray runs out. Then, if I remember and have some lemon juice on hand, I'll think about trying a different formula.

By the way, don't use this spray on grout because vinegar and lemon is acidic and might eat away the grout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUP! i just use a spray bottle filled with all vinegar. i don't even dilute it and even tho john gags as well, i won't stop using it. it's cheap and much healthier to use than the cleaners you buy.

-Nuray